June Workshops: Cooking, Weaving, Tapping or Yoga? We have it all in the East Village
Weather your looking for a new skill or trying to find happiness in a new project, The East Village has what you need.
The Gourmet Warehouse | 1340 East Hastings Street | 604-253-3022 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Love to cook? Why not take a cooking class or two? Gourmet Warehouse offers demonstration classes all with a theme and fit for all ages and levels of skill.
- Greek Night with Cindy Low on June 18th from 11am – 2pm $65 – Join Chef Cindy Low on a culinary journey to her beloved Greek islands, and learn how to make classic Greek dishes.
- Cake Pops with Rick Gaspard on June 26th from 11am – 2pm $65 – In this hands-on class, our in-house baker, Rick Gaspard demonstrates how easy it is to shape, dip & roll these fun little cakes on a stick!
Another Space | 1523 East Pender Street | 604-365-8989 | email@example.com
- Weekly By-donation Hatha Yoga W/ Three Sisters Yoga Collective from 6pm – 715pm on: June 2, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th – This breath-centred, mindful class focuses on classical postures drawn from the Ashtanga and Sivananda lineages. Expect a meditative, balanced sequence that is accessible for all levels of practice (including those with injuries – many variations provided) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mana Women Session with Luana Auer from 730p – 930p on June 16th – In a Mana Woman Session your body is your guide to accessing your inner wisdom, creativity, sensuality, and soul liberation so that you can fully embody and express your orgasmic truth, receive life’s blessings and dance with what mama earth has given you.
- Mindfulness: Loving Yourself While Loving Another with Erin Pickell on June 28th from 730p – 9p – Loving presence is a mindfulness practice that focuses on letting the person or moment in front of us inspire and nourish us. It is the best state to be in when offering support because we receive as we give.
Baaad Anna’s Yarn Store | 2667 East Hastings Street | 604-255-2577 | email@example.com
- Beginner Kitting with Adrielle Boschma on June 2nd, 9th and 23rd from 6p – 730p $70-$90 (+tax) Sliding Scale – This is a beginner knitting class for anyone who has never picked up needles, or for someone who is looking for a beginner refresher. Participants will learn the basics including casting on, knitting, purling and casting off. The class project will be a choice between simple hat, scarf, or arm warmers.
- Learn to Spin with a Drop Spindle w/ Kislan Coderre of Kinfolk Yarn and Fibre on June 4th & 11th from 3:30 – 5:30pm $70 (+tax) – Want to learn to spin your own yarn? This two-part workshop will teach the basics of how to make your yarn with a drop spindle.
- Project Coaching with Zoe Brown on June 7th, 14th and 28th from 6p – 7:30p $70-$90 (+tax) Sliding Scale – A project-based beyond the basics class that is for anyone who can knit and purl, and wants to take their knitting to the next level. This skills development class provides four weeks of coaching and support to help each student work through a project of their choice from beginning to end. Learn a new skill by bringing in a pattern that is just slightly beyond your reach. Tackle the project you’ve always wanted to do but needed to learn the skills to succeed!
- First – Time Socks with Zoe Brown on June 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th from 6p -730p $70-$90 (+tax) Sliding Scale – Learn the basics of making socks. Participants will cover knitting in the round, turning a heel, and grafting a toe. Using a chunkier weight yarn and bigger needles you will finish a pair of socks, and have a solid understanding of how to make socks!
- Intermediate Rigid Heddle Weaving Workshop: Weft Facing Patterns with Nicola Hodges on June 12th from 1p – 4p $45 (+tax) – In this workshop you will experiment with simple weft faced fabric designs to create our own mini rugs, perfect for chairs or place mats.
- Intermediate Needle Felting with Mel Broome on June 5th from 1p – 4p $45 (+tax) – Learn how to bring your imagination to life through wool. In this class we’ll review basic feltinginformation and techniques and explore layering and shading techniques.
Vancouver Tap Dance Society | 2775 East Hastings Street | 604-839-3401 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance is wonderfully adaptable to suit any age and body type. The benefits of dance training include improved posture, balance, coordination, strength, flexibility and brain activity. It’s also a lot of fun and a great workout. Learn dance exercises and follow easy dance routines using R&B, Motown, Pop and Soul.
- Beginner Jazz Dance Classes for ages 40+ with Gia Holman on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00pm – 2:15pm for $5 – $10 a class Sliding Scale
Tiny Finery | 2162 East Hastings Street | 604-569-2171 | email@example.com
- June 17th – Mineral Makeup 6-8pm $60 (including materials)
- June 18th – Perfumery 101 12-2pm $45 (including materials)
- June 18th – Dye Hard! Shibori Natural Dyeing 3:30-5:30pm $40 (including materials)
- June 19th – Potions 101 12-2pm $40 (including materials)
- June 19th – Da Bomb! bath bomb making 3:30-5:30pm $45 (including materials)
If you know of any other workshops that are happening in the area please email us and we can follow up for next month. Thank You! firstname.lastname@example.org