The Hastings North Business Improvement Association runs a weekly graffiti removal program in partnership with the Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre for tagged properties along East Hastings. HNBIA also works with Graffiti Be Gone for business members located in the light industrial area. Our team works hard to remove graffiti in a timely manner but It is important to note that the removal of graffiti is weather dependent.
- To report graffiti and request removal call 604-215-2401 or send an email to email@example.com
- property address
- location of tags and
- if the tags are discriminatory or use profanity.
Graffiti Removal Assistance for Property Owners
Vancouver’s graffiti by-law requires property owners to remove graffiti within 10 days of receiving a notice from COV. Graffiti that remains after receiving a notice will be removed at the property owners expense.
Help For Cleaning and Removing Graffiti
- Free Paint Program
- Vancouver property owners can receive free paint for graffiti removal twice per calendar year. To get FREE pain, contact COV 3-1-1
- Professional Graffiti Removal
- For a directory of businesses offering professional graffiti removal services, visit: vancouver.ca/graffiti
Tips to Deter Graffiti
- Clean up any graffiti ASAP to deter additional vandalism
- Apply a protective coating on your walls, which facilitates graffiti removal and preserves the original wall surface
- Install motion detector lights to discourage vandals from tagging
- Remove ways that vandals can climb onto the roof
- Keep your property tidy
To Report graffiti on public or private property, or more in formation, call 3-1-1 or online at vancouver.ca/graffiti
Report vandalism in-progress to 9-1-1
All info in this post was sourced via the Business Crime Prevention Tips Brochure by the Vancouver Police Department in partnership with Cadillac Fairview & Vancouver BIA Partnerships. For a hard copy of this please visit our local Hastings-Sunrise Community Policing Centre.