ON THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2019, JOIN US AND THOUSANDS OF OTHERS AS WE HELP OTHERS ONE SPOONFUL AT A TIME!
On Thursday, March 14, 2019, dine out for breakfast, lunch or dinner at participating restaurants and support people living with HIV/AIDS right here at home. All participating restaurant are listed on their website.
From Whistler to White Rock and across the Lower Mainland, our fantastic restaurant partners will contribute 25% of their food sales to A Loving Spoonful. All proceeds directly benefit the programs and services they provide free-of-charge, including:
- An average 100,000 meals per year delivered by volunteers to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
- Nutritional counselling and meal planning
- Easter Sundays where chefs donate their time to cook for a group of 50-60 people
- Family Pantry Program where families receive fruits, vegetables, and other pantry essentials.
- Snack Packs all clients receive: fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, juice, milk and more.
HIV/AIDS IN BC: In 2011, the Public Health Agency of Canada estimated 71,300 people living with HIV/AIDS in Canada — with over 25% residing in British Columbia. Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside maintains the highest HIV prevalence in the Western world, reaching as high 27%.
While new infection rates in B.C. have thankfully decreased, advanced therapies mean people with HIV/AIDS are living longer and the number of people who depend on the services of A Loving Spoonful continues to grow.
For every $3.55 raised, a healthy meal will be provided to someone in need, right here in our community!
On Thursday, March 14, 2019, join thousands of people across the Lower Mainland who are doing good by dining out. Make it a day to remember with family, friends and your community.
Why not invite your friends to dine out as well?
View this post on Instagram