Gluten Free Workshop Evening Pie Making Workshop with The Pie Ladies
Join The Ladies on Tuesday, January 17th for an evening of pie baking without Gluten! Together you’ll chat flour combinations, fruit fillings, sugars, starches, perfecting gluten free crust, and create a brilliantly tasty and edible pie, even your gluten eating friends and family will enjoy. You will also be working with local and organic ingredients sourced from around here. While the pies are baking, we will have some gluten-less snacks and drinks (Nibbles & wine included!)
This workshop is perfect for understanding the foundation of gluten free pastry techniques. Everyone will walk away with a pie, a booklet of recipes and tips, and a few new friends.
- Blending your own flours.
- Pie crust (pre-mix flour blend vs. making your own)
- Understanding good fats, oils, and butter ratios.
- Understanding natural pectin, starches and sugars.
- How to work with gluten-free pastry.
- Creating decorative tops and crumbles for gluten free pie.
- Realize you don’t have to live without good pie.
WALK AWAY WITH:
- A whole delicious gluten free pie.
- A booklet of recipes and tips
- A few new friends
WHEN: Tuesday, January 17th, 6 P.M. to 9 P.M.
WHERE: The Pie Shoppe 1875 Powell St., Vancouver, British Columbia . We are located in the middle of the city. Class size is limited to 10. You will be provided with aprons, rolling pins, a pie plate and tasty eats. Workshops will involve NOT using gluten and wheat flours. However, please note that our space is not a gluten free facility. If you have Celiac Disease, this workshop may not be appropriate for you. All of our snacks with be gluten free. Keep in mind our shop is really small, so this workshop will be very intimate.
CANCELLATION: Should you need to cancel you will receive 75% of your money back up to two weeks before the class date. If you cannot attend, yet it is past the refund date, you are welcome to send a friend in your place.