This presentation will assist parents, teachers and other supportive adults in gaining a deeper understanding of the emotional world of a child, in order to assist with emotional regulation and coping.
- Emotion regulation and why it matters
- The developing brain: understanding why emotion dysregulation may peak during different phases of development
- Neuroplasticity of the brain and how our responses can actually influence positive brain development in our children
- The impact of environment, temperament and family influences
- What to do when children lose their cool
- An approach for responding to emotional distress, about how to talk to children
- Pitfalls of adult strategies, including both “pushing” and “protecting”, and how to manage our own reactions in high distress situations
Buy tickets HERE.