Elegant, simple and downright delicious — this is the perfect dinner to whip up for an impromptu gathering with friends, or to enjoy after a long day at work. Even better, you can grab all the ingredients you need to make this beautiful meal right here in the ‘hood – find our full shop list below.
Steamed Mussels and Clams with Garlicky Wine Broth
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 2-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 1 lb Mussels
- 1 lbs Clams
- 1/2 – 1 cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- Mico greens to top – optional
- 1 Baguette – 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices
- In a large pot, melt butter on medium heat. Add shallot, and cook for 2-3 minutes until they begin to sweat. Add garlic and jalapeño, and let cook another minutes before tossing in the salt, pepper, red pepper, mussels and clams. Top with Sauvignon Blanc, then cover with lid and let cook 2-3 minutes, or until shells have opened completely.
- Toss with cilantro. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with fresh bread.
Where to shop for this recipe
Mussels & Clams: Wheelhouse Seafoods
Screaming Frenzy Sauvignon Blanc 2016 BC VQA – High Point Beer & Spirits
Baguette – Pacific Bread Company
Produce Ingredients – Triple A Market / Donald’s Market / SY Farm Market / Viet Thanh / Hastings Market / BK Market