Ready in under 30 minutes, this comforting soup won’t make you feel guilty. Find all these ingredients locally in our neighbourhood.
Sweet Potato, Leek and Butternut Squash Soup
It’s soup season friends, and this is one you’ll want to make on repeat!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup leeks diced
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 cup butternut squash peeled and diced
- In a large pot, heat up butter on medium heat. Add leeks, onion, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, thyme, paprika, rosemary, nutmeg and another pinch of salt if needed. Cook for 5-6 minutes, then add broth to the pot, followed by the sweet potato and butternut squash.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes until all vegetables are tender. Carefully transfer mixture to a blender, or use a hand-immersion blender to blitz until completely smooth.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe Courtesy of The Food Gays